For 2020 I think what we all know as “Black Friday” and many sale schedules we have taken for granted will not be happening. As someone who makes my living promoting those sales I have been nervous to see what stores will be doing. So I am thrilled Sam’s Club released their plan so I can get a glimpse of what other stores might do.
And I want to share this with you so as you budget and find sale items so you can have an idea as well. This year is going to be very different and I suspect the best deals will be spread over the last quarter instead of concentrated in a week’s worth of shopping.
In recent years, Sam’s Club offered a variety of opportunities to save throughout the season, but its biggest days for holiday shopping were its One-Day Savings Events held in November (usually the week BEFORE Black Friday) and December. This year, Sam’s Club will offer a brand-new approach to holiday savings events, with events including:
- Oct. 28 to Nov. 29: November Instant Savings
- Nov. 7 to Nov. 15: November Savings Event; extended from one day to nine days
- Nov. 20 to Nov. 29: 10 Days of Thanks-Savings; extended from four days to 10 days
- Nov. 30: Cyber Monday Online-Only Savings Event
- Dec. 1 to Dec. 24: December Instant Savings
- Dec. 5 to Dec. 13: December Savings Event; extended from one day to nine days
Sam’s Club has released their 10 days of Thanksgiving Sales flyer!
Additionally, for the first time ever and to help members better prepare for shopping Sam’s, the warehouse club will unveil all its November deals in a single savings book, mailed to members’ homes the week of Oct. 21. The deals for the December events will also be shared with members in just one book that is mailed to members’ homes in late November!
I hope this helps with your planning and gives you a sneak peak of what to expect over the next few months!