College Graduation Gift Suggestions
College Graduations are here (for that matter so are high school graduations) and sometimes finding a unique, useful gift can be a challenge. You want to do something that will stand out. Here are my College Graduation Gift Suggestions.
1. Oh, The Places You’ll Go! Hardcover Book– My valedictorian in high school used this book and I think of graduation any time I see it. A copy of this with a nice handwritten note inside it could be a great keepsake.
2. Cash (but make them work for it)- Everyone can use cash when they graduate. I love a Money Maze Puzzle. Make them earn their gift!
3. Luggage– I know when I graduated one of the things I wanted to do more than anything else was travel. I would have loved a nice piece of luggage. Actually I would STILL like a nice piece of luggage. I did the backpacking through Europe thing after I graduated and I had something like this.
4. Frame for the Diploma– This is what my parents gave me for graduation and it still hangs on my wall. I take great pride in my college and graduate school diplomas- it’s a nice reminder of some tough things I have accomplished. Many campus bookstores offer diploma frames with college or university logos that will add that extra “pop” to your graduate’s official degree.
5. Biographies of people in their chosen field– My undergrad degrees are in Business and Music so I enjoy reading books written by people in those two fields. If you have a music person I suggest Broken Music by Sting, A Little Bit Wicked: Life, Love, and Faith in Stages by Kristin Chenoweth, or Home: A Memoir of My Early Years by Julie Andrews. Take a look through Amazon’s Top Selling 100 Books and see if anything would be of interest to your graduate.
6. A Scratch Map– I LOVE this idea. Basically it’s a very cool way of keeping track of where you travel. Visit a country (or a state) and scratch it off of the map!
7. Your Favorite Cookbook– I’m pretty sure in college I ate nothing with more than three ingredients. Grab a copy of your favorite cookbook and to add a personal touch add some notes or flag your favorite recipes. It could be a favorite for the graduate too!
Feel free to leave an idea in the comments if you have another suggestion!
Check out this Graduation Candy Bar Poster if you are looking for something a little more creative!