Welcome to Cooking For One Recipes! This series is designed for those of us who don’t need recipes for big meals- just enough for one person to eat without a ton of leftovers. Or, if you are feeding a large family, you can certainly alter the recipes to whatever amount of people you need!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1 pre-made pizza crust
- 1 uncooked chicken breast diced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 8oz chredded cheese
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce (I prefer Sweet Baby Rays)
- Garlic, Salt, and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Sprinkle stone or pizza pan with corn meal if you have it. If you do not, just spray with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Roll out dough to desired shape and place in preheated oven for 5 minutes. (we have a round and square stone so we typically make one of each for dinner)
4. While pizza dough is in the oven, saute garlic and onions together. Once they start to cook add chicken. Flavor with salt and pepper.
5. Once chicken is cooked and dough is half baked, spread 1/2 cup BBQ sauce onto pizza. Then layer a little bit of cheese. Followed by the chicken and onion mixture. Top it off with the remaining cheese.
6. Place back in oven for 10-15 minutes. My family likes the cheese to be a little bit more well done so we cook it longer, but it should be ready in 10 minutes.
Leftovers can either be packed for lunch the next day or put in a plastic freezer bag and frozen for another meal.