Each week Mom on Dealz brings you a craft that is fun, educational, and frugal.
With Labor Day quickly approaching, I thought it’s a perfect time to teach your child about community workers and discuss that people work to make money (a Virginia Standard of Learning for kindergarten).
August 26th is also National Dog Day so I was sure to include a dalmation puppet to go along with the fireman!
Labor Day Puppets
Any Other Desired Decorations
1. Decide on the community workers you would like to create (fireman, teacher, police officer, nurse, etc).
2. Draw and cut out outfits for each worker. You can find many examples by doing a google search.
3. Color and decorate the uniforms/hats.
4. Glue your creations on paper bags and enjoy!
1. Discuss that Labor Day is to honor workers across the nation.
2. Dicuss that people have jobs in order to pay for things they need and want.
1. Create a list of wants with your child and brainstorm ways to earn money to buy them.
2. Sing nursery ryhmes about community workers (5 little firemen, etc).
3. Have your child create as many words as they can imagine out of the letters in community workers (men, women, row, mom, etc).