Welcome to Cooking For One Recipes! This series is designed for those of us who don’t need recipes for big meals- just enough for one person to eat without a ton of leftovers. Or, if you are feeding a large family, you can certainly alter the recipes to whatever amount of people you need!
I love this meal because it is quick, easy, and very difficult to mess up. It is also a great baseline so feel free to be creative and add other vegetables that you have on hand.
Sausage and Pepper Pasta
2 Mild or Hot Italian Sausage Links (casings removed)
1/2 can diced tomatoes( I used 1 cup fresh tomatoes)
1/2 bag frozen mixed peppers(Fresh Green, Red, and Yellow peppers could be substituted)
1/2 Yellow Onion sliced
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
A Pinch of Basil, Salt, Pepper, and Oregano
1 garlic clove
1/2 box spaghetti noodles
1. Cook noodles according to package
2. While noodles are cooking, cook sausage. Crumble it while cooking.
3. When sausage is finished, remove from pan and cook peppers and onions until tender with garlic. (Yes, I did leave some of the grease in the pan for flavor!)
4. Add sausage and tomatoes to peppers and cook until heated through. Toss in seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
5. When noodles are finished, drain, and add to sausage and peppers. Taste to see if need to add more seasonings. Adjust accordingly and serve.
Jana’s Note: This freezes really well so I always make a large batch so that I can freeze half for a busy day.