Welcome to Cooking For One Recipes! This series is designed for those of us who don’t need recipes for big meals- just enough for one person to eat without a ton of leftovers. Or, if you are feeding a large family, you can certainly alter the recipes to whatever amount of people you need!
Fried Zucchini Straws (2-3 servings depending on how thin you cut zucchini)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini (about 1 lb.), cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese-optional
- Combine 1 cup flour, next 2 ingredients, and 1 tsp. salt in a shallow dish. In a second dish whisk together eggs and 3 Tbsp. water.
- Combine breadcrumbs, 2 Tbsp. flour, oregano, pepper, and remaining 2 tsp. salt in a third shallow dish.
4. Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat over medium heat to 325°. Fry zucchini, in batches, 1 to 2 minutes and then flip and fry for another minute or until golden.
Jana’s note: If you do not sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on use a spicy ranch for a dip. If you do use the Parmesan cheese I recommend using a marinara sauce for dipping.