So as of May 2014 Walgreens has made some changes that are going to affect couponers in a big way.
And here they are:
If an item is on sale for .99 and the coupon is $1 – according to this policy they won’t accept it anymore.
You can only use 1 coupon on a B1G1 sale now. We used to be able to use 2.
And here is the new policy in all of it’s glory:
As a customer-focused retailer, Walgreens encourages the use of coupons by our customers in our retail stores, in accordance with the following guidelines and as required by state and local laws. Note: this policy may change at any time without advance notice or advertisement. The coupon policy shall be made available upon request in store and online at Walgreens.com/CouponPolicy. Any coupon offer not covered in these guidelines shall be accepted at the discretion of Walgreens management.
- All coupons are to be presented to the cashier at the time of checkout.
- Walgreens does not accept expired coupons. Coupons expire at 11:59 p.m. on the expiration date at the point of sale, whether in store or online.
- Walgreens will not accept fraudulent or counterfeit coupons as determined by Walgreens.
- Coupons and their face value cannot be exchanged for cash or gift cards.
- Competitor’s coupons shall not be accepted by Walgreens.
- The number of manufacturer coupons, including Register Rewards®/Savings Rewards manufacturer coupons, shall not exceed the number of items in the transaction. The total value of the coupons shall not exceed the value of the transaction. Sales tax must be paid, if required by state law.
- Walgreens will not accept coupons that exceed the selling price of an item and no cash back is ever provided in exchange for any coupons.
- Coupons that appear distorted, blurry or altered in any way shall not be accepted; all coupons must have a clear and scannable bar code.
- For offers when multiple items are purchased and additional items are free (buy 1 get 1 free; buy 2 get 1 free, etc.), the number of coupons applied to that offer cannot exceed the number of items required in the “buy” portion of the offer.
- Coupons may not be applied against any free item received in any offer (See 7 above).
- Paper coupons will be processed before digital coupons.
- Walgreens shall not accept coupons for items not carried in our stores.
- Walgreens reserves the right to limit quantities to customers and employees.
- Manufacturer coupons must include a valid redemption address.
- Coupons may be subject to advertised offer limitations and all other limitations and restrictions on the applicable coupon or product.
- Walgreens shall accept manufacturer coupons for items that are on sale.
The General Guidelines apply to the categories below and are to be referenced in addition to the specific coupon category guidelines.
The guidelines below are to be followed in addition to the General Guidelines listed above.
- When purchasing a single item, Walgreens accepts one manufacturer coupon and applicable Walgreens coupon(s) for the purchase of a single item, unless prohibited by either coupon offer.
- When purchasing multiple items, Walgreens accepts multiple coupons for multiple qualifying items, as long as there is sufficient stock to satisfy other customers, unless a limit is specified on the coupon. Management reserves the right to limit the quantity of items purchased and/or prohibit the purchase of excessive quantities. An excessive quantity is any quantity above and beyond normal household usage.