Regal has confirmed all theatres will reopen starting Friday, July 10th with new health & safety measures in place. While some will vary state to state here is an idea of what we can expect.
In Virginia I assume we will be wearing masks to the movies for a while. On the positive side movie theatres have always seem to have tons of germs so some of these changes are long overdue!
Also I see nothing on the website about their normal summer kids movie programs so I assume those will be suspended for 2020.
New Health & Safety Measures
One new safety measurement is contactless payment and the ability to purchase concession items from the Regal mobile app. Movie goers can also purchase tickets ahead of time on the app.
Another new measure is the use of ULV foggers to sanitize each seat and auditorium after each movie showing. This new equipment uses a non-toxic formula to deep sanitize with a quick drying time.
- Regal employees will undergo daily health screenings including temperature checks where mandated.
- Employees will be required to wash hands at minimum every 30 to 60 minutes, dependent on job role.
- Where required by local governance, all employees and guests will wear masks.
- Greeters will be located in the lobby to assist guests with new procedural changes.
- Guests will be encouraged to proceed to their auditorium as soon as possible, and exit the theatre in a timely manner at the conclusion of their movie
- Wall mounted sanitizer dispensers will be available on either side of the main entrance.
- Arcade games and vending machines will remain closed. Additionally, water fountains will not be available for use.
THE CONCESSION STAND
- Every other register will be closed to maintain social distancing.
- A reduced menu offering will be temporarily available
- Self-service condiment stands will be closed.
- Refills on large drinks and popcorn will be suspended.
- Locations featuring diners, restaurants and in-theatre ordering will have these services temporarily suspended.
- Locations with bars will remain open for walk-up service only. (um can I get one of these!!!)
- Where required by state or county mandate, auditorium capacities will be reduced to 50%.
- Our reservation system will maintain two empty seats between groups (1 seat at recliner locations) to maintain proper social distancing throughout the movie.
- At theatres where performances are non-reserved, you will be requested to leave two seats between groups.
- Group sizes will only be limited where required by a state or county mandate.