Did you know you can make your own K-Cups?
This can mean a substantial savings by not having to buy K-Cups.
There are about a half dozen products on the market that you can use so I thought I would test them for you to see who brews the best cup of coffee!
Today I checked out the Solofill Cup, Refillable Cup For Keurig K-Cup Brewers. The pictures online made it look like a huge accessory but it’s actually very small!
- No need to remove or swap out the filter holder; Built-in permanent stainless steel micro mesh filter
- Use your own favorite coffee; save money while reducing our environmental impact
- Solo fill Cup is 100% BPA free
- Not compatible with Keurig: Mini B30, B130, B150 & B155
I was able to easily follow the directions:
1. Open Solofill Lid (it pops open but remains attached to the Solofill Cup)
2. Fill with coffee and close. Recommendations online say to keep it at 2/3 – 3/4 full depending on how strong you like your coffee.
3. Insert into the Keurig filter holder- some models require you to remove the filter but not the Solofill Cup.
The filter was VERY easy to use though unlike the Ekobrew the coffee did not come out in one steady stream. It wasn’t messy enough to spill the coffee out of the cup or off of the machine but it was not as neat.
Clean up was extremely easy as well- just rinsed it out in the sink and set on the counter for use the next day.
My taste tester said that the coffee was very good and she would recommend the product. I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars!
And be sure to check out my review of “How To Make Your Own K-Cups with the Ekobrew”!