Sorry for the late notice on this but I am betting most of you have been doing a ton of reading at home!
Each year, along with our partners at Elizabeth River Crossings, the Norfolk Tides are thrilled to promote reading within our community’s schools. The goal of the program is to encourage students to read and to understand why reading is so important for their future. Together, Elizabeth River Crossings and the Tides offer incentives to encourage children and their families to participate.
Due to current events and the cancellation of the remainder of the 2020 school year, we are offering any student K-5 who did not participate in our reading program this year the opportunity to do so!
Here’s how to participate:
- Print out the provided reading log.
- You or your child should write down every book they read.
- Children from pre-K through 2nd grade must read at least 10 books to qualify.
- Children grades 3-5 must read at least 5 books to qualify.
- Email your completed reading log to [email protected] by May 31, 2020.
- Receive complimentary Tides tickets!
Elizabeth River Crossings (ERC) is committed to connecting our community’s youth with impactful educational programs. Through our continued partnership with the Tides this season, we are able to provide local students with the Reading Program and the Batter Up Statistics Program. These initiatives promote reading and mathematics for all ages within our community’s schools and offer incentives for students who complete them. We are excited for another year of partnering with the Tides and look forward to seeing the impact!