Where Kids Ski Free in Virginia
Skiing can be very expensive- especially once you factor in taking the entire family. For those who enjoy spending time in the snow there are several resorts in Virginia with good skiing.
And of them is nice enough to be the place where kids ski FREE in Virginia.
The Wintergreen Resort offers a Snow License to 5th and 6th graders who are residents of Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC, North Carolina and West Virginia, that are good for free lift tickets.
Here’s how it works:
- Program is open to all currently enrolled 5th and 6th graders in VA, MD, DC, NC and WV
- Register to get your snowLICENSE® using the form, then purchase your Snow License online with $15 administrative fee. Not available at lift ticket windows.
- Pick up snowLICENSE® (with 3 total visits) in Ski Services Office. Must bring report card as proof.
- Program runs January 3-February 26, 2017, valid times match Season Pass calendar. One visit per week, Monday-Friday non-holiday, after 4 pm Saturdays and holiday Sundays (1/15, 2/19), after 12:30 pm Sundays and holiday Mondays (1/16, 2/20).
- Must be accompanied by paying adult within the program. We’ll give the accompanying adult or sibling $15 off the 8-hour session lift ticket or $10 off the 4-hour or Night session lift ticket. May have up to 4 guests (parents and siblings with this offer).
- No more than two snow license participants per paying adult.
- Rental equipment is available for $25 per person, or $34 per person for rental and a group lesson (only Beginner and Advance Beginner lessons available with this program). Must be 8 and above for lessons. If renting equipment, add a helmet for $5.
- If you do decide to rent equipment, you will need to pre-register for rentals.
- 48 hour advance registration is required.
- Only one visit per week (Monday-Sunday).
If you have any questions, please contact the Ski Services Office at 434-325-8057.
At the current time (January 2017) no other ski resort in Virginia offers FREE skiing for children.