Since I order my chicken in bulk  I have the process about 40 pounds of chicken at once.
This week I had a new tool and it cut about 45 minutes off of my time.
Check out the J.A. Henckels International Henckels Poultry Shears . I borrowed them from my mom who told me they would change my life. I’m ordering my own pair today.
With curved blades for easy cutting and care, these versatile shears chop poultry with power, plus can be used to open testy packages, trim flowers, and snip herbs.
All Henckels blades are forged from high-carbon stainless steel for hygiene, balance, and permanence. As a result, they resist rusting, staining, and pitting while maintaining sharpness. To enhance the shears’ initial efficacy, a Friodur ice-hardening process is employed to render more resilient blades. A serrated and bone breaker design provide greater force and enduring efficiency. The upper handle is crafted in Santoprene for a comfortable grip. A lever safety lock keeps blades secure while in storage, and hands safe from cuts. The shears are dishwasher-safe, though hand washing is recommended. This essential kitchen tool measures 12-1/2 by 4 by 1-1/2 inches, and weighs one pound. Henckels covers this item with a lifetime warranty. –Jessica Reuling
- Powerful poultry shears from J.A. Henckels International
- High-carbon stainless steel blades; micro-serrated edges; resists rust, stains, and pitting
- Friodur ice-hardening process creates resilient blades; dishwasher-safe but hand washing recommended
- Santoprene and bone breaking handles for comfort and strength; lever safety lock keeps blades closed for secure storage
- Shears measure 12-1/2 by 4 by 1-1/2 inches; weigh 1 pound; lifetime warranty
If you aren’t crazy about working with raw meat or need to process it in bulk check these out- you won’t regret it!