MAC Cosmetics has an awesome program called “Back To Mac.” It allows you to get FREE lipstick (or sometimes other item) when you return 6 primary packaging containers either in store or through the mail!
Which containers qualify?
Blush compacts, eyeshadow pots, foundation bottles, lipstick tubes, skincare bottles and more. They include everything that is “primary packaging” meaning things that actually touch the make up.
Love saving money? Check out Ten Things Frugal People Love!
What products are excluded from the Back to Mac program?
• The Pro Palette metal eye shadow/blush/powder pan.
• Secondary packaging of any kind (paper boxes, plastic or cellophane wrappers, shopping bags, etc)
• Samples (sample containers, special/trial/promotional/travel sizes, sized to go products for promotional or seasonal kits)
• Cosmetic applicators or tools (disposables, lash applicators, puffs, sponges, scissors, spatulas, swabs, sharpeners, tweezers, curlers)
• Accessories (bags, belts, makeup cases, lashes, blot film)
What happens to my containers?
MAC recycles them
Do I have to return all six containers at once?
Yes unless you decide to become a MAC Lover. It is their loyalty rewards program and it’s free to join. Once you do that they will track the containers you return to the MAC stores.
Do I need a MAC store nearby or can I return them at a store that sells MAC?
According to the woman I talked to about this program if a MAC Lover returns their products at an actual MAC store they can pick from a free lipstick, lipglass or single eye shadow but the regular stores just do lipstick.
I found information on the Ulta website specifically mentioning they participate in the program. So if you are near an Ulta you can be 100% sure they are participating. I would call any other store before making a special trip. The employee I talked to at the MAC store said you can return them to any MAC counter but I couldn’t confirm that information online.