How To Earn and Use Office Depot Rewards
Office Depot (and OfficeMax as they are owned by the same company) has it’s own rewards program and it can be a really fantastic way to save some big money. Whether you are earning rewards for office supplies or just doing some shopping for your home they can really add up nicely. I use them to keep my paper and ink supplies stocked for printing coupons and rebates forms!
How To Earn Office Depot Rewards
- Purchase items that pay back in rewards. Each week you can check your local ad or this page to see what deals specifically earn points. Purchase those items and the amount indicated goes into your account.
- Get Recycling Rewards. Members can earn 200 points (= $2 in rewards) for every cartridge recycled in-store, up to 10 per month. To earn these points you must spend atleast $10 or more a month either in-store or online.
- Earn for Specific Purchases. Members earn 10 points for every dollar spent on ink and toner; case, ream and photo paper; copy, print and other products/services in-store at Copy & Print Depot (excludes thermal fax paper, paper rolls used in adding machines and cash registers, postage stamps, delivery orders of online purchases of photo products, and subscription orders set up prior to joining the Program).
SAVINGS TIP: This third one will often allow you to double dip. For example earlier this year I bought a box of paper for $32.99 on OfficeMax.com. It was a special that week that paid $20.00 in rewards points. ALSO because it was paper I earned 330 points. ALSO because there was a promotion for 20% back on ink, toner, paper and other services I earned another 330 points. All of those points you see pictured above are from just one purchase.
How To Use Office Depot Rewards
- When you log into your account you will see on the right hand side how many points you have. For every 1,000 points you have you get a certificate for $10 off.
- At the end of the month Office Depot will check your account and see how many points you have. For every 1,000 points they will load a $10 certificate into your account. You will need to print those certificates and take them into the store with you to use.
- Your unused points will roll over until the end of the quarter then your balance will reset.
They should send you an e-mail when your certificates are ready but I would put a reminder in my calendar just in case. That way you can just print them, throw them in your purse or wallet and have them next time you go to the store. These can be really great around Black Friday- savings on top of savings!
Follow up: Here was some advice from a reader about when rewards will show up.
The Bonus Rewards can take anywhere from a few days (if you purchase at the end of the week to a few weeks). I’ve done the battery deals, 1 count, 3 count, and 10 count paper deals, and the different pen deals. The 1 count paper deal from last week and the battery deal from a few weeks ago showed up in my account the very next week. However, two months ago when I did a battery deal, it took about a month. The regular rewards (additional points and ink rewards) are calculated at the end of the month and you get them typically during the 3rd to 4th week of the following month. I’ve had to call a few times over the last 8 months due to issues/concerns and from what I gathered, the bonus rewards are being paid for by other companies so they come at a different time then the regular rewards. Also, if you use reward money to buy the bonus reward items, it might show that you bought it, but $0 was added to your account…this is just referring to you not earning any additional points for the purchase. You will still receive your bonus rewards. If you don’t see the rewards in your account within a month, call customer service. I’ve had to call due to glitches in their system on particular products like the Papermate Gel Pens from a few months ago.