- A Frugal Chick - http://www.afrugalchick.com -
Walmart Price Matching Policy
Posted By Laura On January 8, 2011 @ 12:22 pm In Good Deals | Comments Disabled
You have probably heard that Walmart has a Price Matching Policy. They say they will match any of their competitors prices. But there are some rules involved.
Fortunately my friend Paul over at I Heart The Mart  has it all figured out for you!
Click here  to see his complete explanation but here are his steps to effective price matching:
1. Check the other grocery stores sales ad’s for great deals. Make a list of the items and prices. Check to see what coupons you have or can print to match up with these sales. Check electronics, I have saved HUGE this way at Walmart! (Laura’s note: In Hampton Roads, check out the Bottom Dollar Food Ad. Their produce is usually cheaper than Walmart.)
2. Take a look at the price matching policy. They will not do B1G1 free sales, but they will do 2 for $4 or 2/$4. They will also NOT do % off, like 25% off all soda.
3. Go shopping! Bring your other store ad’s with you. Most will require that you have them. Don’t cut them up, they will need to verify the dates on them. You can only use a current ad.
4. I always place items that I am NOT price matching on the belt first. Then I place my items that I am price matching and lay the ad on top of them so I don’t forget… or get distracted by children! I inform the cashier that I am price matching and show them the ad. I saw a woman once that had placed sticky notes on her items, the cashier LOVED her! I don’t have that kind of time, but it was a good idea!
5. Do the “Happy Dance” that you saved a bunch of money!
Article printed from A Frugal Chick: http://www.afrugalchick.com
URL to article: http://www.afrugalchick.com/walmart-price-matching-policy/
URLs in this post:
 I Heart The Mart: http://www.iheartthemart.com/readers-finds/
Copyright © 2013 A Frugal Chick. All rights reserved.