- A Frugal Chick - http://www.afrugalchick.com -
TWIX Stuffed Cookie Recipe #EatMoreBites #CollectiveBias
Posted By Jana On May 21, 2014 @ 7:13 pm In Dessert,Recipes | Comments Disabled
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. #EatMoreBites
Back in college I was sent a care package filled with various kinds of cookies. My favorite in the tin was a TWIX  stuffed cookie that was soft, chewy, crunchy and chocolaty all at the same time.
10 years later I still remember that cookie and how scrumptious it was but have never attempted to replicate it. My main reason for not attempting was because the thought of unwrapping all of the mini TWIX bars was daunting.
Yesterday I was grocery shopping at Wal Mart for Memorial Day party supplies and a gentleman was doing a demo on TWIX Bites #EatMoreBites #CollectiveBias
I should have taken a selfie so you could have seen how excited I was but knew that would have made me look even crazier.
I headed down the candy and juice isle to grab a bag and found it right where the gentleman said it would be.
I bought one bag simply because I love TWIX and was trying to show self-control. Plus, when you have three kiddos shopping with you you have to say no to junk food a lot so I was trying to set a good example.
After we got home and I put the kiddos down for a nap I found a coupon  online for $3.00/2 TWIX Bites as well as a cookie dough recipe that I thought would come close to the taste I remembered.
Later that night I went back to Wal Mart without kiddos to grab a few more bags of TWIX Bites as well as a few ingredients needed to finally attempt to replicate the TWIX Stuffed Cookies Recipe.
They turned out perfecta nd tasted just as I had remembered them! I am in charge of dessert for Memorial Day so guess what I will be taking?!
Simple and delicious means it will be a crowd pleaser for all.
Below you will find the recipe so you can make and enjoy them too!
TWIX Stuffed Cookies:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl mix butter and sugars together until creamy.
4. Add vanilla and egg and blend until combined.
5. With mixer on, slowly add flour mixture until all well combined.
6. Using a small cookie scoop make 12 heaping balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
7. Once cookie dough formed take a TWIX Bite and push it into each cookie ball. Make sure the entire TWIX is covered before placing pan in oven.
8. Bake on 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until they are a light golden brown.
Article printed from A Frugal Chick: http://www.afrugalchick.com
URL to article: http://www.afrugalchick.com/twix-stuffed-cookie/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://cbi.as/nilbt
 Image: http://www.afrugalchick.com/?attachment_id=82231
 Image: http://www.afrugalchick.com/?attachment_id=82237
 Image: http://www.afrugalchick.com/?attachment_id=82232
 Print: http://www.afrugalchick.com/easyrecipe-print/82223-0/
Copyright © 2013 A Frugal Chick. All rights reserved.