So it looks like MANY of my readers will be affected by the storm coming this weekend! Here are some frugal things you can do to help prepare for the storm:
1. Head to the library. Grab books for everyone in the family. You can also grab books on arts & crafts, games or anything else your family might enjoy together!
2. Activate a FREE month of Netflix. For a good portion of the storm many residents may still have electricity so your computers should still work. Did you know that you can try Netflix FREE for a month? They have some great family friendly programming (Season 1 of The Cosby Show) that you can use to keep everyone distracted!
3. Grab some organizational tools. When I was in the store today I grabbed a small box of black trash bags. I have tons of clothes I need to go through and get rid of the things that are too old or no longer fit. This way I can load them up in the trash bags and take them to the thrift store after the storm passes. If you have a household task you have been procrastinating on now is the time to do it!
4. Dust off the board games. Remember Clue, Monopoly, Scrabble and Sorry? You probably still have them floating around your house. Take advantage of the down time and remember how to play!
5. Plan your shopping trip. You are going to need to go to the store before the storm to stock up. Be sure to take your hurricane item coupons and MAKE A LIST. Avoiding impulse buying can help you not go crazy with your bill!
By taking these small steps hopefully riding out the storm with your family will be a much more frugal and fun experience!