In 2006, American traveler Blake Mycoskie befriended children in Argentina and found they had no shoes to protect their feet. Wanting to help, he created TOMS, a company that would match every pair of shoes purchased with a pair of new shoes given to a child in need. One for One. Blake returned to Argentina with a group of family, friends and staff later that year with 10,000 pairs of shoes made possible by TOMS customers. (source )
As an American woman I tend to think of shoes as a right- to have less than 10 pairs of shoes in my closet would be absurd. Yet many children around the world do not even have one pair of shoes. So if buying a pair of shoes could help someone in need, I think I could make that sacrifice.
I have a $50 gift pack from Tom’s Shoes to give to one lucky reader. I don’t know what’s inside of it so it will just have to be a surprise to you and me both!
This Give Away is sponsored by Autism United – an organization “Fighting Autism Together To Raise Awareness.”
There are lots of ways to enter this Give Away. For each one leave a seperate comment on THIS post. Leaving info on Twitter or Facebook won’t count!
You must do one of these three to enter this Give Away (you can do all three for three entries):
1) Visit Autism United  for one entry. Tell me what you learned about Autism and how you can be more aware of Autism in your community.
2) Follow Autism United on Twitter . Leave a comment here telling me you do.
3) Follow Autism United on facebook  (and you can tell them I sent you). Leave a comment here telling me you do.
These also can be done for additional entries:
1) Follow A Frugal Chick on Twitter . Leave a comment here telling me you do.
2) “Like” A Frugal Chick on Facebook . Leave a comment here telling me you do.
3) Leave a comment on this post telling me which of Tom’s Shoes  you like the best.
4) Do a status update on facebook that says “I want to win the Tom’s Shoes Give Away from @autismunited and @AFrugalChick http://bit.ly/pkhTqH  ” and then leave a comment here letting me know. You can do this once a day.
5) Tweet “Win a $50 Gift Package for Tom’s Shoes @Afrugalchick @ autismunited http://bit.ly/pkhTqH ” and then leave a comment here letting me know. You can do this once a day.
This gives you LOTS of chances to win (you must be 18 years and older in the U.S.). I will pick a winner on July 30th at midnight and e-mail them. If I don’t hear back within 24 hours I will select another winner!