- A Frugal Chick - http://www.afrugalchick.com -
Today is National Don’t Fry Day
Posted By Laura On May 28, 2010 @ 5:00 am In Most Popular Posts | Comments Disabled
The National Council on Skin Cancer Prevention has designated the Friday before Memorial Day as “Don’t Fry Day” to raise awareness of skin cancer prevention and to encourage everyone to protect their skin as they head outdoors to kick off the summer season.
As someone who had a family member deal with skin cancer, I think this topic is extremely important. As we head into the summer months, it is vital people learn how to protect themselves!
To lend a hand Rite Aid is supplying it’s stores with a 12-page, full-color skin care guide beginning May 30th and online at www.riteaid.com . The guide covers a wide range of topics including:
* Daily skin care tips to prevent damage and fight wrinkles including the role of sunscreen, vitamin C serum, hydroxy acid, silicone, retinol and other products in a daily regimen
* Safe alternatives to tanning such as using the latest generation of natural-looking self-tanners that temporarily dye skin and can even serve as a base sunscreen
* Potentially life-saving tips to catch cancer early such as using the ABCDEs to be wary of moles that change asymmetry, borders, color, diameter or are otherwise evolving or changing
* The difference between UVA and UVB rays and how to best choose a sunscreen blocking both
* Diabetes-specific skin care
Rite Aid is further encouraging good skin care by offering shoppers a Single Check Rebate gift of a $10 store gift card with a $25 purchase of select skin care products or a $25 store gift card with a $50 purchase of select skin care products. A complete list of participating skin care products as well as all program restrictions are included in the June Single Check Rebate directory available at all Rite Aid stores.
Plus customers who use their wellness+ card  with their qualifying skin care purchases will receive an additional $5 gift card.
Article printed from A Frugal Chick: http://www.afrugalchick.com
URL to article: http://www.afrugalchick.com/today-is-national-dont-fry-day/
URLs in this post:
 www.riteaid.com: http://www.riteaid.com/
 Single Check Rebate : https://riteaid.rebateplus.com/default.asp?jse=yes
 wellness+ card: http://www5.riteaid.com/wellness/
Copyright © 2013 A Frugal Chick. All rights reserved.