Texas Caviar With Vinegar Sugar- this is my GO TO dish when I have to bring something to a party. I took it to my favorite Oscar Party this year and it was gone before the host changed clothes.
I want to make sure you see that this needs atleast 24 hours to marinate. And honestly, the longer it sits the better it is. I have often found that if the chips are not near the bowl people will just eat it with a fork/spoon and plate. So if you want to skip the chips you can.
15 oz can Garbanzo Beans
15 oz cans Black Beans
15 oz can Black Eyed Peas (my local store had them in cans but if you can’t find them just be sure to soak overnight the ones in the bag)
2-11 oz cans White Shoepeg Corn
1 cup Green and Red Peppers chopped
1 cup celery chopped
1 medium Sweet Onion chopped
To Make The Dressing
3/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
3/4 cup Sugar
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon each- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients on the top list. You will need a good sized bowl.
- Using a small pot, mix together the ingredients for the dressing and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Combine dressing with ingredients in bowl.
- Mix well.
- Allow to marinate 24 hours.
- Serve with chips and enjoy!
Like this? Check out the recipe for a Chicken Hummus Wrap!