Did you know you can make your own K-Cups?
This can mean a substantial savings by not having to buy K-Cups.
There are about a half dozen products on the market that you can use so I thought I would test them for you to see who brews the best cup of coffee!
Today I tried out the Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter.
This is the only one of the refillable products I tried that requires you to remove the filter which actually makes it a bit easier to clean I think then the other products.
- Reusable K-Cup coffee filter exclusive to the Keurig Home Brewing System
- Allows users to use their own gourmet ground coffee in a Keurig brewer
- Works in Keurig home brewers B40 Elite, B50 Ultra, and B60 Special Edition
- Does not fit B100, B100P, or B2000/3 Keurig brewers
- Rinse clean under running water after each use
It was incredibly easy to use and clean. I will say though that unlike the other two refillable there were a few grounds in the cup of coffee so make sure you don’t use anything too finely ground. If you like VERY strong coffee though this one is probably the one to use because it can hold MUCH more coffee.
Be sure to rinse it after every use and throw it in the dishwasher once a week for long term use.
People are also reporting this one works well with loose leaf tea.
Overall 4 out of 5 stars from me!