Welcome to Cooking For One Recipes! This series is designed for those of us who don’t need recipes for big meals- just enough for one person to eat without a ton of leftovers. Or, if you are feeding a large family, you can certainly alter the recipes to whatever amount of people you need!
Even if you normally cook for one, there are times when you need a recipe that feeds more than one. Whether it be for a bbq or a potluck, baked pineapple is my go to recipe for such an occasion. It has been in my family for years and is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
1 large can crushed pineapple
2 tblspns flour
1/2 cup sugar
6 slices of bread cubed
1/2 stick butter melted
1. In medium bowl mix pineapple, flour and sugar together.
2. Beat egg in separate bowl and then add to pineapple. Stir Well. (stirring well to incorporate the egg is very important)
3. Pour mixture into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
4. Melt butter in the microwave for about 40 seconds. Pour melted butter over bread cubes.
5. Make sure all bread cubes have been coated with butter and then spread the bread cubes evenly over top of the pineapple mixture.
6. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes. You want to bake it until the bread topping gets brown and crispy.
This would be a yummy, easy treat to share with friends!