This recipe is Chicken Cacciatore by Mackenzie at The Centsible Family that is perfect for healthy, well rounded meal. Prep time should be about 15 minutes and will cook for six hours and yield about 8 servings.
- 3 pounds uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 2 tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can vegetable broth
- 3/4 tsp dried crushed oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Place chicken in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add all ingredients and cook on high heat for 5 to 6 hours or on low heat for 6 to 8 hours. Yields about 1 cup per serving and can be served alone, over rice or whole wheat pasta or with breadsticks.
Weight Watchers Points: 5
Recipe adapted from the Weight Watcher Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore.