Now I wanted to point out before I post this recipe I HATE seafood. In all forms. Unless it’s tuna fish with so much mayonnaise and relish you can’t taste the tuna I’m not interested. For the sake of being a good blogger I ate one of these while I was in New York so I could give you a fair assessment. Biting into the shrimp did not make me happy but the salsa was INCREDIBLE. So I may try this recipe later… with chicken.
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Amount: 4 servings
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup water
1 (1 ounce) packet Carlita® Fajita Seasoning Mix
1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup diced mangoes
½ cup chopped red onion
1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
½ cup Carlita Salsa Verde
– bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
8 (6-inch) Carlita Flour Tortillas, warmed
– crumbled Mexican Cotija cheese
- In large bowl, combine oil, water and fajita seasoning mix. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine mangoes, onion, pepper, avocado and salsa. Toss to coat; salt to taste. Set aside.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Place shrimp on skewers; discard marinade. Grill shrimp, turning once, until cooked through and opaque (about 8-10 minutes).
- Remove shrimp from skewers and place in tortillas. Top with salsa and cheese.
Tip: Jarred mangoes found in the produce section work great for this recipe.
*Carlita brand items are found at only certain stores in the US supplied by Super Valu. If you don’t have them you can substitute with no problem.
Thanks to The Coupon Challenge for the picture- I forgot to take one!