- A Frugal Chick - http://www.afrugalchick.com -
Recipe: Chicken Chili in the Crockpot
Posted By Laura On October 17, 2012 @ 8:15 am In Recipes | Comments Disabled
***Photo by Kraft ***
The women in my family have had 100% success with recipes taken off of Kraft’s website.  And of the three of us, I am guaranteed to be the one that is going to screw up a meal so I usually don’t post recipes.
This recipe is for Slow-Cooker Chunky Chicken Chili and it’s straight from Kraft. I make a few modifications when I cook it, so you can compare my recipe below with the recipe on-line. 
Slow-Cooker Chunky Chicken Chili
Here are the ingredients you need:
- 1 can (15 oz.) dark red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can Light red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- One regular sized jar Mild Salsa (16 ounces and I usually use about half)
- No-salt-added tomato sauce (smallest can in the store- I usually have this in my pantry because there are coupons frequently)
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice (optional- I think it tastes great without it)
Mix beans, salsa, tomato sauce and chili powder in your slow cooker. Although this is easy to cook, a crock pot liner will help to make easier clean up.
Top with uncooked chicken, onions and corn (I have also added other veggies if you want to experiment). DO NOT MIX!
Cover with lid and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours.
When I watch it, I know it’s finished cooking when the chicken on the top is cooked all the way through. It makes my house smell amazing!
Top with cheese when you serve if you would like!
Article printed from A Frugal Chick: http://www.afrugalchick.com
URL to article: http://www.afrugalchick.com/recipe-chicken-chili-in-the-crockpot/
URLs in this post:
 Kraft: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/slow-cooker-chunky-chicken-chili-112395.aspx
Copyright © 2013 A Frugal Chick. All rights reserved.