- A Frugal Chick - http://www.afrugalchick.com -
My Not So Pretty But Oh So Yummy Bacon, Egg and Cheese Muffins
Posted By Laura On May 21, 2012 @ 1:31 pm In Breakfast,Recipes | Comments Disabled
My sister uses our family functions to test recipes she finds on Pinterest  (I am more than willing to be a testee because she is a great cook).
For Mother’s Day she made a great recipe for Bacon, Egg and Cheese biscuit cups .
I decided today I was going to try to make it myself- with a few changes. And I wasn’t going to make my pictures pretty to inspire those of you who are struggling cooks like I am. I admire people who can make beautiful food.
This recipe will make as much or as little as you like. I made 12 of the muffins so I put the numbers below that I used. Feel free to change it up.
Tomorrow I am planning on making a chicken BBQ pizza so the bacon and the cheese selection were based on the ingredients I would need for that.
Turkey Bacon (my store only had it in full sized packages so I just cooked about 6 slices)
5 large eggs
5 T skim milk (whatever size you do just be sure there is one tablespoon of milk for each egg)
Salt & black pepper, to taste
1 can refrigerated biscuit dough (or you just buy enough for however many you decide to make)
The shredded cheese of your choice
Next time I make this recipe I think I am going to try to make the biscuits from scratch. I had a hard time working the biscuit dough into the muffin tin the way I would have liked. Plus biscuits are one of the few things I know how to make from scratch.
1. Preheat the oven to 400. Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. There will be some overflow. Grab a baking or cookie sheet and cover it with tin foil to put under your muffin tin.
3. Place the raw bacon in a large skillet and cook until done. Remove from skillet and let drain on paper towels. Since I used turkey bacon I didn’t drain mine.
3. In a bowl mix the eggs, milk, salt and pepper until thoroughly blended.
4. With a rolling pin, roll each biscuit into a larger flat circle and place into a cup in the prepared muffin tin. Using your hands press the dough into the cups and cover the bottom and sides. Drop the shredded cheese into the bottom of the cups depending on how much you like cheese. Then divide the egg mixture between each cup (I eye-balled it).
5. Take the bacon and chop or rip it into small pieces. Sprinkle the bacon pieces on top of each cup.
6. Put in the oven for 10-12 minutes until biscuits are golden brown and eggs are set. (I needed the full 12 minutes).
After these cool I am planning on putting them into Ziploc bags and freezing them. They should be fantastic reheated.
Article printed from A Frugal Chick: http://www.afrugalchick.com
URL to article: http://www.afrugalchick.com/my-not-so-pretty-but-oh-so-yummy-bacon-egg-and-cheese-muffins/
URLs in this post:
 Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/afrugalchick/
 Bacon, Egg and Cheese biscuit cups: http://www.emilybites.com/2011/10/bacon-egg-cheese-biscuit-cups.html
 Image: http://www.afrugalchick.com/my-not-so-pretty-but-oh-so-yummy-bacon-egg-and-cheese-muffins/ingredients-muffin/
 Image: http://www.afrugalchick.com/my-not-so-pretty-but-oh-so-yummy-bacon-egg-and-cheese-muffins/turkey-bacon/
 Image: http://www.afrugalchick.com/my-not-so-pretty-but-oh-so-yummy-bacon-egg-and-cheese-muffins/egg/
 Image: http://www.afrugalchick.com/my-not-so-pretty-but-oh-so-yummy-bacon-egg-and-cheese-muffins/muffin-tins-uncooked/
Copyright © 2013 A Frugal Chick. All rights reserved.