If you have taken my coupon class, read my website or seen me on television you know how I get great deals on my meat.
I use Zaycon Foods.
Zaycon Foods is a company that comes out to Hampton Roads about once a quarter bringing with them FRESH (never frozen meat).
August 5th and 6th they are coming back bringing their ground beef. It is 93/7 ground beef and when I brown it I NEVER have to drain it. It tastes incredible and their prices are much cheaper than the grocery store.
Here is the information on their ground beef:
• LFTB Free
• Comes in a 40-lb case with four 10-lb chubs per case (approximate weight)
• No chemicals, additives or water added to meat during processing
• Processed at a USDA-inspected, state-of-the-art plant employing strict operating protocols (including HACCP) and the highest in food-safety standards
• Prior to processing, inspectors from the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service randomly sample cattle under a monitoring plan and perform testing for antibiotic residues
* USDA nutrition labeling standards defines “extra lean” and “lean” ground beef based on the lean/fat ratio. While not part of these guidelines, the term “super lean” is often used in the grocery sector to describe ground beef at the upper end of the “lean” category (i.e., “Zaycon Foods 93/7 Super Lean Ground Beef”). This ground beef product is 93% lean and 7% fat
When you get meat from Zaycon you order it online in advance. When you place the order they let you know what date and time the meat will be available. When you go to pick it up it looks very much like carpool line at school- you stay in your car and pull up to the truck. After handing them the receipt out the window they will grab your box (or boxes), drop them in your trunk or back seat and then you drive off.
The ground beef comes in 4 ten pounds chubs (or tubes) so it’s VERY easy to split a 40 pound box with your friends if you don’t think you will go through all of it. Once you get it home you will need to divide it however you prefer- I usually just put it in one pound bags and throw it in the freezer.
The price for Ground Beef this visit is $3.49.
Here are the drop off locations near me:
Tuesday, August 06, 2013
8:00 am – 9:00 am
Landstown Community Church
3220 Monet Dr.
Virginia Beach, VA 23453
Monday, August 05, 2013
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
#1 – Oak Grove Baptist Church
2635 E. Washington St.
Suffolk, VA 23434
Tuesday, August 06, 2013
11:30 am – 12:15 pm
Denbigh Church of Christ
205 Denbigh Blvd.
Newport News, VA 23608
Zaycon delivers nationwide so be sure to check if it’s available where you are!