- A Frugal Chick - http://www.afrugalchick.com -
Kids Frugal Fun 4/14
Posted By Laura On April 14, 2011 @ 7:19 pm In Simple Steps | Comments Disabled
Magazine with pictures of your chosen animal (National Geographic was used for this one)
scissors and glue or tape ($1)
2 dolphin (bought at Dollar Store) ($2)
Total Cost of Project: $3
1. Have your child select the animal they would like to make a “home” or habitat for in the box.
2. Discuss with your child the types of things found in the habitat (coral,water, other fish for a dolphin).
3. Have your child search thru the magazine for these types of pictures. If they are old enough to cut them out allow them to do so, otherwise you will need to do this.
4. Glue or tape your pictures inside the shoebox to make it look like the habitat.
5. Tape your animal’s picture inside it’s “habitat”.
1. Science: Obviously this activity is geare towards Science and the topic of habitats. You can discuss other animals and other habitats after creating this one.
2. Language Arts: Have your child write the steps to creating the shadowbox. You can also have them do some computer research about their animal and habitat and write about what they find. Remember that you can write their
thoughts down for them if they are too young to write. Will LOVES researching things on the computer with me (usually dinosaurs) and we always summarize what we find while searching.
Article printed from A Frugal Chick: http://www.afrugalchick.com
URL to article: http://www.afrugalchick.com/kids-frugal-fun-414/
URLs in this post:
 Mom on Dealz: http://www.momondealz.com/kids-corner/kids-frugal-fun-creating-a-shadowbox/
 Madame Deals: http://madamedeals.com/
Copyright © 2013 A Frugal Chick. All rights reserved.