- A Frugal Chick - http://www.afrugalchick.com -
Kids Frugal Fun 3/9
Posted By Laura On March 9, 2011 @ 6:30 am In Good Deals | Comments Disabled
Each week Sharon at Mom on Dealz  brings us a great frugal kids activity. This week she decided to go with a St. Patricks Day theme!
Pot of Gold Learning
empty butter container (or yogurt, sour cream,etc)
yellow construction paper
glitter and glue
black construction paper (or whatever color you would like your pot of gold to be)
1. Use the yellow construction paper to make circles that will be your “gold coins”. Ensure you make them big enough to write on.
2. Label the “coins” with your desired learning topic (there is a list of ideas below). I labeled mine with some of the 100 high frequency words, Will’s name, and sets of shapes.
3. Cut the black construction paper to fit around the container. Cover it with glue and sprinkle glitter all over it. Definitely have your child help with this-they will love it!
4. Glue the glitter covered paper around the butter container, put your “coins” inside, and you have a pot of gold! Allow your child to reach in and pull out their golden nuggets of learning!
Educational Ideas for your “coins”
-Word names for numbers (one, two, three, etc). Have your child identify them.
-Math symbols ($,+,-, etc). Have your child tell you what function they perform (add, subtract,etc).
-Pictures of objects found in the past and present times. Have your child tell you when they are from.
-Shapes and have your child identify them.
-Upper and lowercase alphabet letters.
-Rhyming words and have your child match them.
-Pictures of solids, liquids, and gases and have your child ID them.
-Pictures of coins or bills and have your child ID them.
Article printed from A Frugal Chick: http://www.afrugalchick.com
URL to article: http://www.afrugalchick.com/kids-frugal-fun-39/
URLs in this post:
 Mom on Dealz: http://www.momondealz.com/kids-corner/kids-frugal-fun-pot-of-gold-learning/
Copyright © 2013 A Frugal Chick. All rights reserved.