- A Frugal Chick - http://www.afrugalchick.com -
Kids Frugal Fun 3/22
Posted By Laura On March 22, 2011 @ 8:46 am In Free Stuff | Comments Disabled
Each week Sharon at Mom on Dealz  puts together a great activity you can do with your kids that is both educational and frugal.
Bubbles are always a favorite with kids but can get costly if you continually purchase them. Turns out you can make them at home on a budget!
4 cups water
1 cup dishwashing liquid (I used generic and it worked just fine)
1/4 cup corn syrup
Mix all ingredients together and have some fun!
1. Using pipe cleaners, create various shapes (circles, triangles, etc-we did a heart) to help your child learn or review shapes. Use the pipe cleaners as bubble wands.
2. While measuring out the ingredients, discuss measurements and fractions (i.e. 1/4 cup ).
3. Talk about the steps you completed to make the bubbles and write them down on separate sheets of paper (gather the ingredients, measure each ingredient, combine the ingredients, gather/make bubble wands, play with the bubbles, clean up). Mix the steps up and have your child sequence them.
4. Have your child observe the colors in the bubbles and let them draw/color what they observe.
5. While playing with the bubbles, review beginning sounds with your child (b for bubble, p for pop, etc).
Bubbles can also be used to teach eye contact, turn taking, and a variety of other social and language development skills.
Article printed from A Frugal Chick: http://www.afrugalchick.com
URL to article: http://www.afrugalchick.com/kids-frugal-fun-322/
URLs in this post:
 Mom on Dealz: http://www.momondealz.com/kids-corner/kids-frugal-fun-making-bubbles/
Copyright © 2013 A Frugal Chick. All rights reserved.