- A Frugal Chick - http://www.afrugalchick.com -
Kids Frugal Fun
Posted By Laura On February 2, 2011 @ 5:28 pm In Good Deals | Comments Disabled
It’s time for another installment of Kids Frugal Fun from Sharon at Mom on Dealz !
1. Cut out a new sponge into a heart shape and place on a saucer. Moisten the sponge and sprinkle with grass seeds.
2. Spritz with a water bottle and then cover with plastic wrap (remove the plastic wrap once sprouts appear).
3. “Mow” with scissors as needed. You will have a grassy heart within 2 weeks.
Educational Adaptations: Discuss how plants grow from seeds and how plants need water to grow
1. Cut 2 pieces of wax paper into the shape of a heart.
2. Provide your children with crayon shavings and have them spread the shreddings onto one of the heart pieces and then cover them with the other heart shape.
3. Place a towel over the hearts and hold a warm iron with the steam turned off over the towel for about 25 sec. (be very careful!).
4. Remove the towel and punch a hole in the top of the heart. You now have a heart sun catcher to hang in the window!
Educational adaptations: Discuss how 2 colors can blend together to make a new color and/or disucss properties of matter (solid crayon shavings becoming liquid)
Article printed from A Frugal Chick: http://www.afrugalchick.com
URL to article: http://www.afrugalchick.com/kids-frugal-fun-3/
URLs in this post:
 Mom on Dealz: http://www.momondealz.com/kids-corner/kids-frugal-fun-grassy-hearts-and-sun-catchers/
Copyright © 2013 A Frugal Chick. All rights reserved.