Every Friday you see me publish a post about it being “Mega Swag Bucks Day.” I thought I would do a detailed blog on what Swag Bucks is and how to maximize your earnings!
First of all, what is Swagbucks? It’s a search engine that allows you to “search and win” by awarding Swagbucks when you perform searches using their engine. You collect Swagbucks and then redeem them for prizes- I usually get gift cards! It only takes 450 Swagbucks to get a free $5 Amazon.com gift card, and you get thirty just for signing up here.
So once you are signed up, how do you maximize your Buck Potential? Here are a few ways:
1. The Swag Bucks Toolbar. This is hands-down the easiest way to earn points. Sometimes they give me points just for having it on my computer! It goes right under your address bar and has a search field, keeps a running total of the Swagbucks you’ve earn, and has an inbox and links to various parts of the Swagbucks site. I promise it is perfectly safe to download- I have it on both my work and home computers.
So, install the toolbar and you can easily use the Swagbucks search engine right from your browser without having to navigate to another site. Another cool thing about the toolbar is that they release codes good for free Swagbucks via the toolbar. Watch the inbox and when it alerts you to having a new message, it will quite often contain a code for a free Swagbuck or two!
Click here to download it now!
2. Search with Swagbucks! I use Swagbucks when I am searching for simple things, and google when things are complicated. Want to check your facebook page? Use Swagbucks to get to facebook! I have also found that often times things that are popular in the news earn Swag Bucks. A few months ago I got 30 Swagbucks for searching for “Balloon Boy” (remember him?).
3. Refer your friends. Once you are comfortable with Swag Bucks and love it as much as I do, you will want to tell people about it! Whenever you refer a friend to Swagbucks, you earn Swagbucks while they earn, up to their first 1000 Swagbucks! So, if you refer 5 friends and they keep on using Swagbucks until they get up to having earn 1000 Swagbucks each, you’ll get 5000 Swagbucks!
4. Read the Swag Bucks blog! Occasionally on the official Swagbucks blog, they’ll release a code for a free Swagbuck, or give you a hint as to where to find one.
5. Shop through Swagbucks. I personally don’t use this one much, because ebates gives me cash back on purchases I make on-line. However if something I need to buy isn’t on ebates, I definately buy it through Swagbucks.
So hopefully this will help you guys maximize your Swagbucks! Start searching!