A big thank you to Sharon at Mom on Dealz for the Harris Teeter recipe this week! Everything in this recipe is on sale this week at your local Harris Teeter (or you could just try it yourself!)
Here is this week’s frugal recipe based on Harris Teeter’s weekly ad:
3.5 pounds Split Chicken Breast $3.46
1 mango (peeled, seeded, and sliced) $0.99
2 cups Simply Orange Juice $1.50
1 tablespoon Kikkoman soy sauce $1.45
Harris Teeter Zatarain’s Wild Brown Rice Mix $1.55
2 tablespoons HT cornstarch $0.97
1 tablespoon olive oil ( assume on hand)
1/4 cup hot water
1. Prepare rice according to directions.
2. Brown chicken in oil.
3. Add orange juice and soy sauce; bring to a boil.
4. Add mango pieces and simmer 2-3 minutes.
5. Combine hot water and cornstarch and whisk until dissolved. Add to pan.
6. Continue cooking until sauce thickens, stirring frequently.
7. Serve over prepared rice.