- A Frugal Chick - http://www.afrugalchick.com -
Harris Teeter Recipe of the Week 2/28
Posted By Laura On February 28, 2011 @ 8:11 am In Harris Teeter | Comments Disabled
Sharon at Mom on Dealz  creates a recipe each week from the items on sale at Harris Teeter. This week is no exception!
Here is the recipe for Crockpot Chicken with Asparagus:
Crockpot BBQ Chicken with Asparagus and Rice
-Harris Teeter Whole Fryer Chicken-$0.59 lb-I got one for $3.09
-Harris Teeter Asparagus $1.79
-Kraft BBQ Sauce $1
-Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice 3/$5-$1 coupon from 2/20 RP=$0.67
-2 tablespoons butter or margarine (assume on hand)
-Garlic powder or chopped garlic (whichever you have on hand)
Final cost of meal=$6.55
1. Clean chicken and place in crockpot legs up.
2. Pour entire bottle of BBQ over chicken and cook on low 8-10 hours.
3. Cook rice according to directions and set aside.
4. Melt butter in sauce pan and add garlic and asparagus. Cook to your desired tenderness.
5. Serve asparagus over rice alongside chicken.
Article printed from A Frugal Chick: http://www.afrugalchick.com
URL to article: http://www.afrugalchick.com/harris-teeter-recipe-of-the-week-228/
URLs in this post:
 Mom on Dealz: http://www.momondealz.com/recipes/frugal-harris-teeter-recipe-crockpot-chicken-with-asparagus/
Copyright © 2013 A Frugal Chick. All rights reserved.