- A Frugal Chick - http://www.afrugalchick.com -
Harris Teeter Frugal Recipe of the Week- Colcannon
Posted By Laura On March 10, 2011 @ 10:42 am In Harris Teeter | Comments Disabled
Time for some Irish food! You can add corned beef for just a few dollars more!
A big thank you to Sharon at Mom on Dealz  for putting this together!
3 lb potatoes $3.97 (on sale for 8 pounds)
1 lb shredded cabbage $0.79 (on sale $2.37/3 pounds)
3 tablespoons butter (assume you have on hand)
1 1/4 cup milk $2.89
pepper to taste (assume on hand)
1/2 cup thinly sliced onion $0.47
Total=$8.12 ( a little high but you will have a lot of potatoes and milk left over)
1. Cut potatoes into small pieces and boil until tender. Set aside.
2. Heat butter and onion over medium heat in skillet. Add cabbage and cook until cabbage starts to brown.
3. Reduce heat to low, add milk and pepper. Cover and cook until cabbage becomes tender.
4. Combine potatoes and cabbage/onion and mash.
Article printed from A Frugal Chick: http://www.afrugalchick.com
URL to article: http://www.afrugalchick.com/harris-teeter-frugal-recipe-of-the-week-colcannon/
URLs in this post:
 Mom on Dealz: http://www.momondealz.com/store-dealz/harris-teeter/harris-teeter-frugal-recipe-st-patricks-day-colcannon/
Copyright © 2013 A Frugal Chick. All rights reserved.