If you are local and think there is nothing to do in Hampton Roads- think again! Our area is full of great stuff to do this weekend- and most of it FREE!
Looking for more fun? Check out the My Active Child Activity Calendar !
Saturday, September 8, 2012
- 9am-12pm Open House Fun (Free Classes)  at Lango Hampton Roads 1400 Kempsville Road Ste 122, Chesapeake, VA 23320
- 9:30am Shriners Parade  at Atlantic Avenue from 17th Street to 29th Street, Virginia Beach VA
- 10am-12pm Lowe’s Build & Grow Workshop  at All Lowe’s Locations
- 10am-5pm Artisans in the Park  at Great Neck Park 2516 Shorehaven Drive Virginia Beach, VA 23454
- 10am-5pm THEN & NOW Portsmouth  at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard Museum 2 High Street on the Portsmouth VA Waterfront
- 10am-10pm Southeast Community Day Parade  and Festival at 2201 Jefferson Avenue, Newport News
- 10am-11pm 30th Annual Hampton Bay Days  at Downtown Hampton 600 Settlers Landing Road, Hampton, VA 23669
- 10:30am-4:30pm Gymnastics Event  at Peninsula Town Center 5100 Kilgore Ave, Hampton, VA 23666
- 11am Skippy Jon Jones Costume Character Storytime  at Barnes & Noble- Peninsula Town Center 5100 Kilgore Ave, Hampton, VA 23666
- 11am-4pm Lambert’s Point Community Center Back to School Bash!  at Lambert’s Point Community Center 1251 West 42nd Street Norfolk, VA 23508
- 11am-7pm Taste of Suffolk Downtown Street Festival  on Main Street in Historic Downtown Suffolk VA
- 12-2pm Bluebird Country Hayrides  (weather dependent) at Bluebird Gap Farm 60 Pine Chapel Road Hampton, VA 23666
- 12-3pm Second Saturday Family Day  at Chrysler Museum of Art, 245 W Olney Rd, Norfolk, Virginia 23510
- 12-9pm ETC – Embrace The Culture Festival  at Town Point Park on the Downtown Norfolk, Virginia Waterfront
- 2pm Zootime  at Barnes & Noble Greenbrier 1212 Greenbrier Pkwy, Chesapeake, VA 23320
Sunday, September 9, 2012
- 10am-4pm Artisans in the Park  at Great Neck Park 2516 Shorehaven Drive Virginia Beach, VA 23454
- 12-4pm Open House at TeaParTea!  2548 Virginia Beach Blvd Suite #104, Virginia Beach VA
- 12-6pm 30th Annual Hampton Bay Days  at Downtown Hampton 600 Settlers Landing Road, Hampton, VA 23669
- 2:30-4:30pm Learn to Play Chess!  at Mary D. Pretlow Anchor Branch Library 111 W. Ocean View Avenue Norfolk, VA 23503
Grandparents Day is Sunday, September 9th! For a list of local specials/events click HERE .