- A Frugal Chick - http://www.afrugalchick.com -
Frugal Kid’s Activity
Posted By Laura On March 1, 2011 @ 9:07 am In Simple Steps | Comments Disabled
Every week Sharon at Mom On Dealz  provides a great frugal activity you can do with your kids! Yesterday when I was out I saw these plastic Easter Eggs all over the place so they would be easy to find right now!
1. Contractions: Label one half of egg with the contraction (example-I’m) and the other half with the 2 words that make the contraction (example-I am). Have your child match the parts.
2. Upper and lower case alphabet: Label one half of the egg with the capital letter and one half with the lower case. Then have your child match them.
3. Rhyming words: Label the egg halves with ryhming words.
4. Label halves of eggs with different vowel sounds (short a, long a, short e, long e, short o, long o, etc). Label the other halves with words that contain the vowel sounds. Have your child match the words to the sound.
1. Label egg halves with numbers and you can add, subtract, or multiply them.
2. Label one half of egg with math problems and other half with the solution. Have your child match them.
3. Label one half of the egg with a number and the other half with the number word (example-one and 1). Have your child match them.
1. Label small sheets of paper with famous people’s names and put them inside the eggs. Have your child open the eggs and tell what the person is famous for (Example-Betsy Ross made our American flag).
2. Label small sheets of paper with directions (behind, in front, left, right). Have your child open the eggs and tell you an object that is located in that direction.
1. Label halves of eggs with our 5 senses (sight, touch, hearing, taste, smell) and the other halves with the body part we use for the sense (eyes, hand, ear, mouth, nose). Have your child match them.
2. Label halves of eggs with habitats (ponds, forests, oceans, etc) and the other halves with animals found in those habitats (frogs, bears, dolphins, etc). Have your child match the animals to the habitat.
Here is another site I found some great ideas for activities as well Teaching Heart Mom .
Thanks Mom on Dealz !
Article printed from A Frugal Chick: http://www.afrugalchick.com
URL to article: http://www.afrugalchick.com/frugal-kids-activity/
URLs in this post:
 Mom On Dealz: http://www.momondealz.com/kids-corner/kids-frugal-fun-easter-egg-learning/
 Teaching Heart Mom: http://teachingheartmom.blogspot.com/2009/03/plastic-easter-eggs-make-learning-fun.html
Copyright © 2013 A Frugal Chick. All rights reserved.