Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe Easy
Author: A Frugal Chick
Recipe type: Dessert
- 6 eggs, separated
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 10 oz. bag bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. Almond extract
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Butter a 9 inch springform pan, on bottom and sides.
- Combine chocolate chips and butter in microwave safe dish, cook in 30 second increments, stirring each time until chocolate is melted thoroughly.
- Whisk in egg yolks until well blended.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whip eggs until soft peaks form-mixture will be slightly thickened and fluffy.
- Gradually add in sugar and mix until stiff peaks are formed. They are ready when you lift the mixer and eggs mixture maintains its shape on the whisk.
- Fold in ( this is done by using the spatula to fold mixture over onto itself gently) chocolate mixture a little at a time until all of it has been incorporated.
- Spoon into prepared pan, smoothing top with spatula.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until edges of cake pull away from sides of pan
Recipe by A Frugal Chick at http://www.afrugalchick.com/flourless-chocolate-cake-recipe-easy/