Easy Chicken and Dumplings
Author: A Frugal Chick
Recipe type: Main
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 1 small onion
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cold water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Dice chicken breasts into 1”x1” pieces.
- Wash and dice celery into small pieces.
- Peel and dice onion into small pieces.
- Combine chicken, celery, onion, and chicken broth in a large pot with a lid.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked throughout.
- For Dumplings:
- Mix 1 tsp. of salt with flour.
- Pour cold water slowly into flour to form a sticky dough
- Spoon dough by the spoonful into simmering broth.
- Continue to simmer, occasionally stirring until dumplings are no longer doughy and
- float to the top of the broth.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Recipe by A Frugal Chick at http://www.afrugalchick.com/easy-chicken-and-dumplings/