- A Frugal Chick - http://www.afrugalchick.com -
Did Groupon Mess Up?
Posted By Laura On February 7, 2011 @ 9:10 am In Deals of the Day | Comments Disabled
So did anybody NOT see the Groupon ads during the Superbowl coverage yesterday? Timothy Hutton is one of my favorite actors so I was excited to see him on the air, but still haven’t decided what I think about the actual ads that they ran. Their purpose was to try to mock a stereotypical “celebrity raising money for a cause ad”, but for some people on-line they found the ads pretty offensive.
Regardless of your stance, Groupon (in anticipation of a negative response perhaps?) has now given every user the opportunity to donate to the causes mentioned last night:
• Donate $15 to Greenpeace and you’ll get $15 in Groupon credit (First 6,667 only). Your “free donation” will help end commercial whaling.
• Help The Tibet Fund develop a youth-employment-and-economic-development initiative in refugee exile communities.
• Donate $15 to RAN and a matching grant will double your money, which you can direct towards protecting the rainforest, endangered tigers, and more.
• Help buildOn construct four new schools in some of the world’s poorest villages.
Just click here  and check the bottom right hand corner of your screen for one of these causes (they tend to vary by city). I am trying to find direct links but haven’t been able to yet. As soon as I can, I will get them set.
Article printed from A Frugal Chick: http://www.afrugalchick.com
URL to article: http://www.afrugalchick.com/did-groupon-mess-up/
URLs in this post:
 here: http://www.afrugalchick.com/groupon
Copyright © 2013 A Frugal Chick. All rights reserved.