I wanted to share this incredible recipe for Cowboy Caviar with you! I tried it at a dinner party a few weeks ago and took it to a party myself- both times it was a big hit!
And the best part… it involves no cooking (well you have to heat up the dressing but it only involves a little stirring)!
15 oz can Garbanzo Beans
15 oz cans Black Beans
15 oz can Black Eyed Peas (my local store had them in cans but if you can’t find them just be sure to soak overnight the ones in the bag)
2-11 oz cans White Shoepeg Corn
1 cup Green and Red Peppers chopped
1 cup celery chopped
1 medium Sweet Onion chopped
To Make The Dressing
3/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
3/4 cup Sugar
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon each- salt and pepper
– Combine all ingredients on the top list. You will need a good sized bowl.
– Using a small pot, mix together the ingredients for the dressing and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
– Combine dressing with ingredients in bowl.
– Mix well.
– Allow to marinade 24 hours.
– Serve with chips and enjoy!