Welcome to Cooking For One Recipes! This series is designed for those of us who don’t need recipes for big meals- just enough for one person to eat without a ton of leftovers. Or, if you are feeding a large family, you can certainly alter the recipes to whatever amount of people you need!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 tspns vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts – Optional
- Grease two mini muffin pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, applesauce, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove muffins from pan, and completely cool.
This recipe makes two pans of mini muffins but you will probably eat one pan in the first day! I freeze the second pan for easy breakfasts.