Welcome to Cooking For One Recipes! This series is designed for those of us who don’t need recipes for big meals- just enough for one person to eat without a ton of leftovers. Or, if you are feeding a large family, you can certainly alter the recipes to whatever amount of people you need!
If you’re looking for a crowd-pleasing dip for your upcoming Superbowl party, look no further! I can almost guarantee the plate will be completely gone by the time you know the Superbowl XLVII Champions! It doesn’t matter if your team is still in the finals or they got booted before the Playoffs (my team, unfortunately, is out), we all know the real reason we go to Superbowl parties: the food!
I learned about this dip in college and I couldn’t even tell you where the recipe is from. I have it on an old 3×5 index card and somehow it made it all the way to this blog – so there must be a reason it’s lasted this long to share with you.
- 1 8-oz sour cream
- 1 8-oz low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 packet Hidden Valley fiesta ranch dry mix (or just ½ dry ranch mix and ½ packet dry taco seasoning mix)
- ¾ jar mild or medium salsa (your preference)
- 1-2 cups finely shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese
- Bite size Tostitos (or Scoops)
1) In a mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese and dip mix. Mix well.
2) Spread the cream cheese into pie plate. Top with thin layer of salsa.
3) Sprinkle cheese as desired.
4) Refrigerate for 2 hours and then serve with Tostitos.
I think the referee will call this one a touchdown. Enjoy!