- A Frugal Chick - http://www.afrugalchick.com -
Cooking For One Recipes: Chicken Hummus Wrap
Posted By Laura On January 23, 2013 @ 6:00 am In Cooking For One Recipes | Comments Disabled
Welcome to Cooking For One Recipes ! This series is designed for those of us who don’t need recipes for big meals- just enough for one person to eat without a ton of leftovers. Or, if you are feeding a large family, you can certainly alter the recipes to whatever amount of people you need!
This is a guest post from Nicole at Rolling Out Dough. Nicole is gluten intolerant and wanted to create a great resource for saving money on gluten free food! Nicole loves reading, finding new ways to save money and spending time with her husband and son. To get more recipes, coupons and money saving tips please visit http://www.rollingoutdough.com/ . You can also find her on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/rollingoutdough/ 
I couldn’t remember the last time I ate something healthy for lunch. Really I am gluten free shouldn’t that be easy? But since my days are really busy I normally eat a sandwich on gluten free bread or eat a gluten free pizza, etc. To be really honest I don’t love putting a ton of energy into most meals especially lunch. My life changed from cooking usually once a day to three times a day when I became a stay at home mom so I definitely don’t want to put a ton of work into lunch when I know dinner lies ahead of me. I love this recipe for Chicken Hummus Wraps, you can make larger portions for a family but I just wanted a quick and healthy meal for me.
– Two pieces of Romaine lettuce for wraps
– Gluten Free Hummus (I used Sabra)
– 1 cup chicken- I used chicken thighs, they tend not to dry out but it is your preference
– 1/2 cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
– 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
– Pour olive oil into bottom of pan, just enough to coat the bottom of pan. I used a medium sized frying pan.
– Set temperature to medium high.
– Place chicken in pan and cook chicken until cooked thoroughly, you will want to flip during cooked to ensure evening cooking. Once cooked set aside to cool.
– While chicken is cooling, wash lettuce and pat dry with paper towel. Spread hummus across the bottom of leaves.
– Your chicken should be ready to cut into bite size pieces, chop and lay across the hummus, then top with your feta cheese.
So simple but this is a meal you would pay a lot more for in a restaurant!
Article printed from A Frugal Chick: http://www.afrugalchick.com
URL to article: http://www.afrugalchick.com/cooking-for-one-recipes-chicken-hummus-wrap/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.afrugalchick.com%2F%3Fp%3D53266&media=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.afrugalchick.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F01%2FChicken_Hummus_Wraps.jpg&description=Chicken%20Hummus%20Wraps
 Cooking For One Recipes: http://www.afrugalchick.com/category/cooking-for-one-recipes/
 Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/afrugalchick/
 http://www.rollingoutdough.com/: http://www.rollingoutdough.com/
 http://pinterest.com/rollingoutdough/: http://pinterest.com/rollingoutdough/
 Print: http://www.afrugalchick.com/easyrecipe-print/53266-0/
Copyright © 2013 A Frugal Chick. All rights reserved.