- A Frugal Chick - http://www.afrugalchick.com -
Cooking for One Recipes: Blueberry Muffins
Posted By Jana On June 5, 2013 @ 6:00 am In Cooking For One Recipes | Comments Disabled
Welcome to Cooking For One Recipes ! This series is designed for those of us who don’t need recipes for big meals- just enough for one person to eat without a ton of leftovers. Or, if you are feeding a large family, you can certainly alter the recipes to whatever amount of people you need!
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 1/3 cup milk
3/4 cup white sugar 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 tspn salt 1/2 cup white sugar
2 tspn baking powder 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 vegetable oil 1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 egg 1 1/2 tspn cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners. It makes 8 muffins.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder and set aside.
3. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix with the flour mixture.
4. Fold in the blueberries and fill muffin cups right to the top.
5. To make crumb topping: mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter and 1 1/2 tspn cinnamon. Mix with a fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Note: This recipe makes 8 muffins. The muffins freeze really well. I usually keep a couple out for breakfast during the week and freeze the rest for a later date.
Article printed from A Frugal Chick: http://www.afrugalchick.com
URL to article: http://www.afrugalchick.com/cooking-for-one-recipes-blueberry-muffins/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.afrugalchick.com%2F%3Fp%3D61092&media=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.afrugalchick.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F05%2Ffinal-muffin-e1368756243228.jpg&description=Blueberry%20Muffins
 Cooking For One Recipes: http://www.afrugalchick.com/category/cooking-for-one-recipes/
 Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/afrugalchick/
 Image: http://www.afrugalchick.com/?attachment_id=61226
 Image: http://www.afrugalchick.com/?attachment_id=61227
Copyright © 2013 A Frugal Chick. All rights reserved.