A friend brought over pizza bites on Memorial Day for an appetizer. They were a huge hit so I decided to make them for a teacher potluck at work this week. Again, they were a huge hit and so I thought I would share it with you.
1-3 containers of canned biscuits (10 count)
1 block Colby cheese
1 package pepperoni
1 egg (used for egg wash)
Italian Seasoning Blend
1. Grease a 9×13 pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut block of cheese into amount of cubes needed. (I made 30 so cut block into 30 cubes)
3. Open cans of biscuits and roll out each biscuit individually until flat.
4. Place a pepperoni on each biscuit, then place a piece of cheese on top, and top with a second pepperoni.
5. Fold the biscuit edges in until the pepperoni and cheese are covered. Fold each biscuit and then place them in the 9×13 pan.
6. In a small bowl crack egg and mix with a tablespoon of water. Mix well and then brush over top of biscuits.
7. Sprinkle Italian Seasoning over top of each biscuit and then place in the oven for 12 minutes.
This recipe was adapted from The Gunny Sack.