- A Frugal Chick - http://www.afrugalchick.com -
Cooking For One: Philly Cheese Steak Pockets
Posted By Jana On August 14, 2013 @ 10:48 pm In Cooking For One Recipes | Comments Disabled
Welcome to Cooking For One Recipes ! This series is designed for those of us who don’t need recipes for big meals- just enough for one person to eat without a ton of leftovers. Or, if you are feeding a large family, you can certainly alter the recipes to whatever amount of people you need!
A couple of weeks ago we came inside from the pool rather late. It was well past dinner time and of all nights I had no clue what was for dinner. I start throwing out some options only to realize I didn’t have the ingredients for any of them. My husband finally asked if we had the ingredients for philly cheese steaks. Thankfully I was able to tell him yes, but without the rolls. I looked in the fridge and found a can of biscuits and the wheels started turning.
I do not have an exact recipe for today’s post but these are very close estimates and it won’t hurt to be adventurous and give it a shot. It is pretty hard to mess up.
1 five count can of biscuits
2-3 steak ums
1 cup shredded or sliced cheese of your choice (I used slices of cheddar because it is all I had.)
half an onion sliced
half of a green pepper sliced
1. On a lightly floured surface roll each of your biscuits into 5 flat circles about an eighth of an inch thick.
2. In a frying pan heat olive oil. Add onions and peppers and saute until tender.
3. While the onions and peppers are sauteing break the Steak-Ums into small pieces. Place in a frying pan and cook on medium heat. I added a little Montreal Steak Seasoning while cooking for flavor but its not necessary.
4. When onions and peppers are finished combine with cooked Steak-Ums and mix well.
5. Divide meat equally into 5 equal parts. Then place one part of meat onto each of the rolled out biscuits. Cover each one with the sliced or shredded cheese.
6. Fold biscuits in half and press edges together so they are sealed. Like a hot pocket or calzone.
7. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve hot or put in fridge for a late night snack.
Article printed from A Frugal Chick: http://www.afrugalchick.com
URL to article: http://www.afrugalchick.com/cooking-for-one-philly-cheese-steak-pockets/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.afrugalchick.com%2F%3Fp%3D65895&media=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.afrugalchick.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F08%2Ffinal.jpg&description=Philly%20Cheese%20Steak%20Pockets
 Cooking For One Recipes: http://www.afrugalchick.com/category/cooking-for-one-recipes/
 Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/afrugalchick/
 Image: http://www.afrugalchick.com/cooking-for-one-philly-cheese-steak-pockets/ingredients-10/
 Image: http://www.afrugalchick.com/cooking-for-one-philly-cheese-steak-pockets/dough/
 Image: http://www.afrugalchick.com/cooking-for-one-philly-cheese-steak-pockets/img_1156/
 Image: http://www.afrugalchick.com/cooking-for-one-philly-cheese-steak-pockets/img_1155/
 Image: http://www.afrugalchick.com/cooking-for-one-philly-cheese-steak-pockets/img_1158/
 Print: http://www.afrugalchick.com/easyrecipe-print/65895-0/
Copyright © 2013 A Frugal Chick. All rights reserved.