June 14th, Saturday, at Victoria’s Secret you can get a FREE Secret Escape Mini Body Lotion Sample- no purchase necessary!
Today only, Amazon is offering up to 60% Off select SanDisk Memory Products including solid-state drives, microSD cards, SD cards, and USB flash drives. Prices start as low as $7.99, and shipping is free with a Super Saver order of $35 or Free 2-day Shipping with Amazon Prime.
This deal should be today (6/9) only.
The summer might not be endless, but a trip to the shore offers the chance to make memories that’ll last a lifetime. Find some new ways to cut down on waste and save some money this season, and you’ll earn up to 100 points!
Head over to Recyclebank and click on the Earn Points tab to start today.
Not a member of Recyclebank? It is not too late. Sign up today and start earning points easily by clicking on the Earn Points tab found at the top of the page. After you earn your points, go the the Get Rewards tab to redeem.
One of the things that always impresses me about Busch Gardens® is the food.
You can grab funnel cake and corn dogs if you want. But no need when there are fresh salads, ribs and strawberry shortcake.
And now there is even more amazing food because The Busch Gardens® Food & Wine Festival is on and features internationally-inspired menus, wines and other refreshments only offered during the festival. The festival is included with admission but the food can range in price from $3 to $12 for sample size servings and platters!
Look for this when you hit the park and you can check out everything available:
There are 14 tasting stations spread all throughout the park. Sample prices range from $3 to $7.
Last Friday I got a chance to go out, sample some of the food and check out the menu.
Pretty much everything was great but I HIGHLY recommend:
The Smorrebrod in Scandanavia- Open-faced roast beef sandwich on dark rye bread with horseradish & pickled red onions. Be sure to get a knife and fork.
The Pumpkin Caramel Mousse in Canada- Spiced pumpkin mousse with caramel, topped with maple syrup. This was SOOO good.
The Greek Dip Trio- Roasted Garlic Hummus, Pasta Elias and Tirokafteri
For my next visit I will be trying:
Kottbullar in Scandanvia- Swedish meatballs braised in cream sauce with Lingonberry Jam. Several park guests mentioned to me how good these were.
Poulet Cordon Bleu Crepe in Coffee & Crepes- Braised Chicken & ham crepe with Swiss Cheese & dijonnaise sauce.
Cheddar & Lager Chowder- Sharp Cheddar & Canadian lager chowder with smoked paprika oil.
There are also wine and beer tasting booths throughout the park.
Or you can check out the Food & Wine Insider Tour:
- Each tour will be enlightened by its own personal guide
- Visit the Italy Pavilion to see our specialty presentation
- A visit to one of our premiere food-working stands
- A visit to 4 main stands including Canada, Oktoberfest, Spain and Greece
- Experience the flavors of 4 food menu items and a choice of 3 wines or beers (beer flights are not included)
- Tour is approximately 3 hours in length
- Available every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from May 23 to June 29
Looking for discounts at Busch Gardens Williamsburg? Check out the Busch Gardens Williamsburg Coupons!
This week I had the chance to check out a sneak preview of “Maleficent.” I have been excited since I saw the very first shots of Angelina Jolie in the costume over a year ago. The movie is a combination of a class story and one of the best Disney Villains EVER. She was always terrifying and heck, she could do the whole fire and dragon thing in the cartoon I watched growing up.
No one will argue that Disney makes incredible movies. But it has been a while since they have done a live action movie that just blew me away (probably since the first Pirates of the Carribean movie.)
This movie blew me away.
It was beautiful. The music, the sets, the costumes, the acting, the plot… it was just beautiful. It’s not going to win any Oscars and it’s not going to eclipse the earnings of “Frozen” but it took me on a wonderful journey.
I don’t want to give away too much of the plot because while it stays true to Sleeping Beauty they have modernized it to show the story behind the story ( a la Wicked). A vindictive fairy is driven to curse an infant princess only to realize the child may be the only one who can restore peace.
It has wonderful moments of laughter that keep it from being too dark. It has triumph, defeat, love, hate and a strong moral story- everything you need for a good fairy tale.
There were only two things about the movie I did not like:
1. The casting of Sharlto Copley as King Stephan, Aurora’s Father. His look doesn’t fit with the movie AND for some reason they had him play the king Scottish- although everyone else has a British accent. The last time I saw him he played “Murdock” on the A-Team so it was a bit of a leap. I just didn’t feel like it was a good fit- as an actor I am not sure he could handle it.
2. In my humble opinion the PG rating on this movie is slightly misleading. I think the original cut on the movie might have been PG-13 and they managed to tone it back enough to PG. There are a few fight scenes with some rough action and the overall feel of the entire film is very dark. If you have a little one who has a hard time with scary people in movies you might want to get a sitter.
Overall I recommend checking this one out with the Disney fan in your family- it’s going to be a classic!
Today there’s an awesome deal on the Fitbit Zip Wireless Act Tracker!
You not only save 14% BUT you also get a FREE $20 Walmart e-Gift Card!
- Tracks your steps, distance and calories burned
- Syncs data to Fitbit account through PCs, selected smartphones and tablets
- Graphs, badges and friendly competitions
- Upload your stats wirelessly
- Sweat-proof, rain-proof and splash-proof
- Replaceable battery
- USB dongle
- 3V lithium button battery
- Color: green
Bonus $20 Walmart.com eGift Card! (Delivered via email)
Thanks I Heart The Mart!
Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe Easy
This Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe is decadent and rich without being overly sweet, made with bittersweet chocolate it provides just the right amount of sweetness. While it looks difficult to make it is really simple with a hand or stand mixer. The cake remains moist even after a long cooking time, almost like a molten cake, with slightly crisp edges. Ideal for those looking for gluten free deserts but delicious for anyone, I think the texture without the flour is much better than a recipe with.
6 eggs, separated
6 Tbsp. butter
10 oz. bag bittersweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. Almond extract
Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
Butter a 9 inch springform pan, on bottom and sides.
Combine chocolate chips and butter in microwave safe dish, cook in 30 second increments, stirring each time until chocolate is melted thoroughly.
Whisk in egg yolks until well blended.
Using a hand or stand mixer, whip eggs until soft peaks form-mixture will be slightly thickened and fluffy.
Gradually add in sugar and mix until stiff peaks are formed. They are ready when you lift the mixer and eggs mixture maintains its shape on the whisk.
Fold in ( this is done by using the spatula to fold mixture over onto itself gently) chocolate mixture a little at a time until all of it has been incorporated.
Spoon into prepared pan, smoothing top with spatula.
Bake for 40-45 minutes until edges of cake pull away from sides of pan.
Sprinkle top with powdered sugar if desired to dress it up.
If you are looking for something before the cake try this Bourbon Glazed Salmon!
- 6 eggs, separated
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 10 oz. bag bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. Almond extract
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Butter a 9 inch springform pan, on bottom and sides.
- Combine chocolate chips and butter in microwave safe dish, cook in 30 second increments, stirring each time until chocolate is melted thoroughly.
- Whisk in egg yolks until well blended.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whip eggs until soft peaks form-mixture will be slightly thickened and fluffy.
- Gradually add in sugar and mix until stiff peaks are formed. They are ready when you lift the mixer and eggs mixture maintains its shape on the whisk.
- Fold in ( this is done by using the spatula to fold mixture over onto itself gently) chocolate mixture a little at a time until all of it has been incorporated.
- Spoon into prepared pan, smoothing top with spatula.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until edges of cake pull away from sides of pan