Today, September 23rd, all day long, Carvel will be offering free 3 oz scoops of their Swiss Miss Ice Cream. Click here for all the details!
This Saturday, September 25th from 10:00 -11:00am, kids can make a Fire Truck at Lowe’s Build & Grow Clinics.
Check with your local store for participation and be sure to register ahead of time. If you don’t see your store listed, it means the spaces are filled.
If you have received your October All You Magazine, there is a coupon inside for Buy One Get One Free NYC cosmetics.
This week at Rite Aid they are on sale Buy One Get One Free (ends on 9/25/10).
So take in your coupon, pick out your two items and go up to the register.
Make sure you use your Rite Aid Wellness Card and it makes both items free!
Every Friday you see me publish a post about it being “Mega Swag Bucks Day.” I thought I would do a detailed blog on what Swag Bucks is and how to maximize your earnings!
First of all, what is Swagbucks? It’s a search engine that allows you to “search and win” by awarding Swagbucks when you perform searches using their engine. You collect Swagbucks and then redeem them for prizes- I usually get gift cards! It only takes 450 Swagbucks to get a free $5 Amazon.com gift card, and you get thirty just for signing up here.
So once you are signed up, how do you maximize your Buck Potential? Here are a few ways:
1. The Swag Bucks Toolbar. This is hands-down the easiest way to earn points. Sometimes they give me points just for having it on my computer! It goes right under your address bar and has a search field, keeps a running total of the Swagbucks you’ve earn, and has an inbox and links to various parts of the Swagbucks site. I promise it is perfectly safe to download- I have it on both my work and home computers.
So, install the toolbar and you can easily use the Swagbucks search engine right from your browser without having to navigate to another site. Another cool thing about the toolbar is that they release codes good for free Swagbucks via the toolbar. Watch the inbox and when it alerts you to having a new message, it will quite often contain a code for a free Swagbuck or two!
Click here to download it now!
2. Search with Swagbucks! I use Swagbucks when I am searching for simple things, and google when things are complicated. Want to check your facebook page? Use Swagbucks to get to facebook! I have also found that often times things that are popular in the news earn Swag Bucks. A few months ago I got 30 Swagbucks for searching for “Balloon Boy” (remember him?).
3. Refer your friends. Once you are comfortable with Swag Bucks and love it as much as I do, you will want to tell people about it! Whenever you refer a friend to Swagbucks, you earn Swagbucks while they earn, up to their first 1000 Swagbucks! So, if you refer 5 friends and they keep on using Swagbucks until they get up to having earn 1000 Swagbucks each, you’ll get 5000 Swagbucks!
4. Read the Swag Bucks blog! Occasionally on the official Swagbucks blog, they’ll release a code for a free Swagbuck, or give you a hint as to where to find one.
5. Shop through Swagbucks. I personally don’t use this one much, because ebates gives me cash back on purchases I make on-line. However if something I need to buy isn’t on ebates, I definately buy it through Swagbucks.
So hopefully this will help you guys maximize your Swagbucks! Start searching!
Get a totally FREE LeapFrog Tag or Tag Junior book! Choose from ABC Animal Orchestra for Tag Jr. and Ozzie and Mack for Tag.
Just create a learning path for your child and add one of the LeapFrog toys that your child owns. It’s super easy and only takes a few minutes.
Offer valid through 3/1/11 or while supplies last. Limit one per household. Offer only valid in the 48 contiguous U.S. states, the District of Columbia and Canada, excluding Quebec.
Thanks Deal Seeking Mom!
If you don’t use Swagbucks, you need to check it out! Swagbucks is a search engine, powered by Google, that gives you points for searching the internet. Just use it like you would Google or Bing, but you earn points for seaches. After you have banked enough points, you can trade them in for free items! Plus, they often offer special Swag Codes for additional points as well, so it’s not hard to rack up enough points to redeem often!
With Swagbucks you can earn gift cards (my personal favorite) and other rewards just by searching the internet. IPods, LCD televisions, and IPhones are some of the more fun items in the Swag Store- I personally am getting Amazon $5 gift cards toward a new television. It’s only 45 swag points to get a $5 gift card!
Plus, if you use this link here you can earn 30 Swag Bucks just for signing up!
I have the chance to attend a blogging conference this November in Chicago called Save Up 2010. I am kind of new to this blogging thing and the conferences are crazy expensive. However I have the chance to WIN a spot this year by becoming a Save Up Deal Pro! There are two steps to this process. One of them I have to take care of myself, but I need your help on the other one!
If you think A Frugal Chick has helped you and your family with their financial situation, then would you take a second and click here to vote for me? There is no registration required and you can only vote once per computer, so one time is perfect! Just look down the page for the little box with the name “A Frugal Chick.” Currently it’s at number 10 but that could be different any time!
Here are the things they will be look at to see if they will select me:
A Deal Pro must…
• Provide helpful shopping and saving advice to the Savings.com community via Savings.com Answers. The community will vote for which answers are the most helpful. Every time an answer is voted as the most helpful, points will be awarded to the person who gave the answer. The points earned will contribute to who will be chosen to attend Save Up.
• Be considered money-saving experts by their friends, families, readers, and social networks. To show us that their audience thinks they’re a good fit to be a Save Up DealPro, candidates should ask their audiences to vote for them. All votes received will be taken into consideration when the winning DealPros are chosen.
• Meet the requirements of our expert review board. This small panel will take into consideration who the finalists are in the Most Helpful Answers and Community Votes categories, the quality of the finalists’ site content and the strength of their overall online presences.
Contest Details:The Save Up 2010 DealPro contest starts Monday, September 13th and ends Monday, October 4th.
So if you think that sounds like me- please click and vote for me!
Yesterday, I talked about getting free movie tickets from Tampax. It looks like in some other specially marked packages of Tampax Pearl or Always brand, there’s a coupon for a free year’s subscription to Seventeen, Cosmopolitan, Harper’s Bazaar or Marie Claire magazines. The coupon has a code you fill in online.