The Virginia Aquarium, in partnership with Goodwill Industries, the City of Virginia Beach Public Works, and TFC Recycling returns with its fall E-Cycling and household hazardous waste collection event.
Many places there will be fees to recycle these items so it’s awesome to see somewhere it can be done for FREE!
Location: Virginia Aquarium’s East Parking Lot
Cost: Free of charge (but donations are always welcome!)
Contact: Virginia Aquarium
Phone: (757) 385-FISH (3474)
- Saturday, September 24, 2016 – 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
The Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center, in partnership with Goodwill Industries, the City of Virginia Beach Public Works and TFC Recycling, will offer its semi-annual E-cycling eventSaturday, September 24, 2016 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Virginia Aquarium East Parking Lot.
Acceptable personal electronic recyclable items include:
- Personal computers and laptops
- Telephones, cell phones and PDA’s
- Televisions smaller than 32″
- Circuit boards and components
- Monitors and flat screens
- Fax machines
- Stereo equipment and game systems
- Regular recycling materials such as newspapers, bottles and cans will also be accepted.
Acceptable Household Hazardous Waste items include:
- Up to five gallons of liquids or up to 75 pounds of dry materials
- Aerosol spray cans
- Automotive fluids
- Batteries: Alkaline (AA, AAA, C, D), Boat, Car, Camera, Cell phone, Hearing aid, Lead acid, Lithium, Rechargeable, Trucks
- Household cleaners
- Gasoline (up to 5 gallons)
- Pool Chemicals
- Light bulbs – small quantities of CFLs or fluorescent tubes
- Oil and water based paint
- Propane tanks (small – up to 20 lb. capacity)
- For further tips visit www.VBgov.com/landfill
Electronic recycling events help to divert electronic “waste” away from landfills and back into the economy. To date, the Aquarium’s e-cycling events have collected nearly 250 tons of electronic material since this program’s inception in September 2009. The Virginia Aquarium is located at 717 General Booth Blvd. Visit www.virginiaaquarium.com or call (757)385-0262 for more E-cycling Event information.